- Our return policy is geared towards faulty goods and NOT change of mind.
- Our policy lasts 90 days beginning from the date and time of checkout. If 90 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
- To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that it was sold. It must also be in the original packaging (if applicable).
- A simple "Change of mind" will not be accepted
- If an item is faulty or defective, we will accept the return for repair and cover all shipping costs.
- We have photographic evidence of the condition of each item at the time of sale. We know the serial numbers and identification marks. Any attempt to return a item that was not originally sold by us will be reported to authorities as fraud.
- MUST NOT BE MODIFIED OR TAMPERED WITH IN ANY WAY
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned.
- Tempered items. If there is evidence of screws being removed or our tamper labels damaged to gain entry to a console/game then warranty is VOID and cannot be returned.
- Consumable parts and items
- Dangerous goods such as batteries
- Items in "sealed condition". These items are valuable because they are sealed, so if you open them and change your mind they lose all value and cannot be returned. Buyer agrees to this and takes responsibility at time of checkout.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Damaged goods
- Spare parts that require soldering
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase which is your order number and name.
To return your product, firstly make contact by visiting Contact Us and send us an email.
Once agreed, you should post your product to:
Retro Sales Returns
PO Box 6137
Cromer, Victoria, Australia, 3193
Shipping costs are non-refundable, unless otherwise agreed.
All postage should be trackable and shipping insurance is highly recommended. We don’t take any responsibility for items lost or damaged during post.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a few days.
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
We only replace items if they are defective. Exchanges are not permitted.
Gift cards cannot be refunded, exchanged or returned.
Questions & Answers
- I received a console and it doesn't power on. Can I return it?
Yes. Please post it back in for repair or refund.
- I purchased a game for the wrong region which wont play in my console. Can I return it?
Make contact for a solution.
- I played the game you sent and finished it in a few hours. Can I return it?
No, but you have mad skills.
- I bought a console and inserted my own filthy games with corroded pins. They don't work, so can I return the console?
No, please read the instructions that came with the console and clean the games with Isopropyl Alcohol and try again.
- I purchased an item (any item) and I just don't like it anymore. Can I return it?
No, we don't accept a change of mind.
- I purchased an item (any item) for a price and I can now see (any time later) that another retailer has it for less. Can you price match?
No, we don't price match at any time.
- I bought some batteries for save games. Can I return the rest?
No, batteries and any solder in items are non-refundable.
- I received a game as a gift, but I already have this game. Can I return it?
Yes, but only as an exchange of another game of the same value or less. Return postage is covered by the buyer, we then cover the postage of the exchanged game.
- I received a console and modified it to play backup games. Can I return it?
No, as it has been tampered with.
- I received a console and opened it (for any reason). Can I return it?
No, as it has been tampered with.